- This event has passed.
LIVE Virtual: At Home with Diversity (AHWD) – 1 day Certification Course
September 15, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$100
AT HOME WITH DIVERSITY
REALTORS® know the importance of adapting and remaining relevant in today’s marketplace. By developing a business practice rooted in inclusion and equality, you can help buyers of all cultural backgrounds achieve the dream of homeownership.
At Home With Diversity® is an educational experience designed to present a picture of the changing face of the real estate industry. More importantly, the class teaches REALTORS® how to work effectively with and within a rapidly changing multicultural market.
- This course will give students the At Home with Diversity certification.
- Counts as one elective course to be applied towards the RSPS Certification
- Counts as one REBAC elective course to be applied towards the ABR® designation.
- Credit towards the CIPS Designation.
- Students who have taken At Home with Diversity after 1/1/05 receive Eight Elective credits towards the CRS Designation.
- Credit towards NAR’s Performance Management Network Designation through Women’s Council of REALTORS®
The At Home With Diversity® course is part of a comprehensive cultural diversity outreach program that will help real estate companies diversify their workplaces and improve the industry’s ability to serve culturally diverse consumers. NAR and HUD undertook a joint effort in 1998 to certify real estate professionals who are trained regarding cultural diversity and outreach and have made a commitment to a set of diversity principles. The training, built on the letter and spirit of the Fair Housing Act, provides participants with tools to build diversity outreach into their business plans to best serve a dynamic and growing market. This course is available to all professionals involved in the real estate transaction.
The course has two major objectives.
- Heighten awareness of and sensitivity to the social and cultural constituencies of local real estate markets. Participants will learn about the people who make up the local market, along with their values, customs, real estate needs, and expectations of real estate professionals.
- Provide practical skills and tools to increase the professional’s effectiveness in servicing all social groups. Specifically, the course builds skills in cross-cultural communication and strategic business planning.
This course consists of five sections.
HOSTED BY SANTA CLARA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS
$100 per student
TUESDAY 9/15 8AM-4PM (PT)